$100,000.00 - $160,000.00
713 609 9066
21 days ago
The BOP Manager will be familiar with substation design, operations and maintenance, SCADA systems, protection relays, system controls, and networking requirements in order to maintain operations safely and efficiently. The BOP Manager will, in coordination with the site team, lead and manage all aspects of substation operations, maintenance, troubleshooting and compliance related to renewable power plant operations and optimize its performance under strict safety requirements which at a minimum will meet or exceed OSHA requirements. The BOP Manager should be familiar with NERC compliance for CIP low sites and have a familiarity with protecting against cyber-security threats, as well as operating within the environment of ERCOT, TRE, and AEP. The BOP Manager will also develop and maintain relationships and communicate with GE wind technical teams, local grid utilities, and other USA employees (other site managers, developers, business controllers, etc.).
Additionally, specific duties of the BOP Manager will lead him / her to integrate asset management tools to the global Akuo’s IT architecture and to maintaining and troubleshooting project substations and oversee debugging communication troubles with support from IT, remote supervision tools and databases for a fluent and continuous reporting and reliable transmission of data to the local grid entities and off-takers.
Site Operations and Maintenance
- Ensure OSHA require site postings are current and correct.
Substation / BOP Operations
- Perform all required BOP maintenance activities: battery inspections, visual inspections on substation components, generator servicing, HVAC, vegetation inspections on T-line, road inspections, SWPP inspections.
- Perform substation switching and PMT isolation, substation de-energization and re-energization, coordination and scheduling with regulatory bodies during outages.
- Oversee and review annual preventive substation maintenance and external contractor work. Plan follow up corrective.
- Maintain Daily Operator’s Log. Oversee and ensure full documentation of all maintenance activities in defined maintenance directory. Document what you do and do what you document.