Currently seeking an innovative and motivated leader with at least 5 years’ experience utility-scale solar construction management.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: Seeking an innovative and motivated individual that will have responsibilities during the construction process. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborates with the safety department to ensure all safety goals are the highest priority
- Provides excellence in the management and delivery of the project, in-line with the company’s expectations.
- Prepare and manage the project execution plan, co-ordinate and host the project kick off meetings, and prepare and manage effective project close out.
- Work with the Commercial Manager to ensure all contracts (prime and sub-contracts) are effectively managed, including change orders and documentation of variances.
- Onsite owner’s representative: monitoring of utility scale solar construction completed by 3rd party EPC Contractors
- Cultivate positive working relationships with 3rd party EPC Contractors
- Manage the construction of utility scale solar projects to the 3rd party EPC contract and permit requirements including schedule, budget, scope of work, deliverables,
- Complete daily safety walks and submit a daily safety walk report to head of internal safety programs
- First line of defence against proposed change orders; escalating to internal Project Manager as necessary
- Proven ability to motivate others inside or outside the organization
- Strong proficiency in communication
- The ability to solicit others for support for ideas and solutions
- The ability to quickly identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate sources, and use skilful questioning to draw out the information to find a solution.
- demonstrate depth of technical knowledge and skill in utility scale solar construction.
- Takes initiative to identify what needs to be done to maintain project schedule and budget and ensures a plan is in place.
- Drives to complete thorough work; follows up with others to ensure that commitments have been fulfilled.
- OSHA 30 Certified
- 5 years of onsite utility scale solar construction management
- Advanced knowledge of solar construction management processes, means and methods
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations, and quality standards
- Willing to be on the jobsite daily
- Bachelor of Science degree preferred, but not a requirement
- Must be willing to travel and spend 3 of 4 weeks onsite every month.