$100,000.00 - $120,000.00
713 609 9066
2 months ago
- Establish Project Baseline and Cost Management Framework: Identify and record the documents defining the project baseline (scope, cost and schedule). Develop and implement project specific WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) and underlying CTR (Cost, Time, Resource) structure, populate with budget information and secure CTR owner sign-offs. Implement Offshore Wind standard CBS (Cost Breakdown Structure) within Offshore Wind and contractor processes. Establish consistent approach to treatment of multi-currency transactions. Develop Project Controls Plan aligned with Planning, Finance and Contracting & Procurement processes.
- Implement Cost Control Processes: Embed and maintain in Offshore Wind and Contractor processes; Commitment capture, VOWD (Value of Work Done), Cost forecasting/phasing and Earned Value consistent with the company procedures. Establish Cost Report content and frequency; prepare and conduct budget holder reviews, and publish. Support Contracts and Procurement group by providing detailed cost and performance analysis.
- Establish and Maintain Change/Trend and Contingency Management: Embed the Change/Trend Management process, ensure all participants are aware of their responsibilities and the different classifications of a change/trend, and ensure that appropriate changes/trends are reflected in the regular cost forecast updates. Prepare forecasts and review with budget holders. Establish linkage between Change/Trend Management and Contingency Management, maintain the Contingency release process and ensure accurate current status is reflected in project report.
- Project Reporting: Develop, communicate and maintain the Project Calendar. Develop the Project Management report contents and formats consistent with company standards. In doing so consult with major project stakeholders to ensure all valid reporting requirements are met in an appropriate and efficient way. Contribute to and manage the compilation and approval/issue of project management and cost reports. Develop ad-hoc reports and presentations as required by the project appropriate for the intended audience. Implement process to capture critical project data for historical reporting
- Develop and implement the change management process for projects. Provide guidance on trend analysis and the assessment of change impacts on cost. Maintain trend and change management logs.
- Deliver consistent but appropriate cost management structures for an offshore wind project.
- Adhere to Offshore standard tools and processes, as appropriate for the project's development & execution phases.
- Provide cost engineering support in the development of cost breakdown structures (CBS) and their population from the estimate.
- Develop and document Cost Time and Resource (CTR) sheets for phased cost estimates in line with the Company guidance notes for agreement and sign-off by the CTR budget holders.
- Provide project guidance for creation of accurate monthly cost reports, identifying variances from the plan on commitment, value of work done, changes and currency fluctuations against approved Authorities For Expenditure (AFEs).
- Prepare reconciliations between earlier cost estimates and the current cost forecast.
- Participate in peer reviews and other assurance events.
- Maintain and promote realism in the cost forecasts in the face of commercial pressure and optimism from project teams.
- Maintain consistency in cost bases through rigorous adherence to the controls processes. Coordinate efforts with the legal and business teams regarding corporate and project requirements to ensure maximum value and appropriate risk management for and its shareholders
- Identify critical project risk issues and communicate those risks to the appropriate members of the legal team or your supervisor for resolution and management
- Efficiently manage outside counsel with an eye toward minimizing expenses
- Other tasks and projects as assigned