United States of America
$120,000 - $130,000
713 609 9344
6 months ago
The Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for performing expert level design and analysis work as directed to support various field and fabrication offices. The Senior Electrical Engineer will be part of a project team from inception through construction completion
· Applies broad knowledge of principles and practices in a specific practice area.
· Independently evaluates, selects, and adapts standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
· Acquires general knowledge of principles, and practices of related fields, and ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
· Works on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of major projects.
· Designs a complete project, system, component, or process.
· Prepares complete project documents.
· Designs and conducts experiments and analysis and interprets data.
· Formulates and solves problems.
· Coordinates assignments with engineers, designers, and administrative staff.
· Plans and coordinates detailed aspects of engineering work.
· Prepares scopes, budgets, and schedules for assignments.
· Assists with proposals to provide professional services or obtain funding for engineering projects or programs.
· Receives general direction on key objectives.
· Receives guidance when necessary on unconventional or complex problems, direction on modified techniques, and new approaches on assignments with conflicting criteria.
· Interacts with PM, client, customers, officials, contractors and others.
· Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignments.
· Performs other related duties, as directed.
· BS in Engineering required; MS degree preferred. Professional Engineer (PE) preferred.
· Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is desirable.
· 5+ years related engineering experience.
· Understanding of P&ID’s and PFD’s; 3D and 2D routing and modelling; development of complete electrical power distribution construction drawing and specification packages.
· Proficiency in NEC, IEEE, and NESC standards.
· Experienced working with Power Delivery or Industrial or Oil&Gas.
· Experience using EasyPower, ETAP, PSS, SKM or other modelling software is required.
· Experience supervising the testing and commissioning of industrial and/or utility substations is preferred.
· Experience in pole replacement, selection etc preferred.
· Ability to understand client specifications, procurement, commissioning and start-up standards, documentation, practices, vendor data approvals, etc. Strongly preferred.
· Familiar with P6 or Primavera.