United States of America
about 1 month ago
The Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for performing expert level design and analysis work as directed to support various field and fabrication offices. The Senior Electrical Engineer I will be part of a project team from inception through construction completion
• Applies broad knowledge of principles and practices in a specific practice area.
• Independently evaluates, selects, and adapts standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
• Acquires general knowledge of principles, and practices of related fields, and ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
• Works on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of major projects.
• Designs a complete project, system, component, or process.
• Prepares complete project documents.
• Designs and conducts experiments and analysis and interprets data.
• Formulates and solves problems.
• Coordinates assignments with engineers, designers, and administrative staff.
• Plans and coordinates detailed aspects of engineering work.
• Prepares scopes, budgets, and schedules for assignments.
• Assists with proposals to provide professional services or obtain funding for engineering projects or programs.
• Receives general direction on key objectives.
• Receives guidance when necessary on unconventional or complex problems, direction on modified techniques, and new approaches on assignments with conflicting criteria.
• Interacts with PM, client, customers, officials, contractors and others.
• Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignments.
• Performs other related duties, as directed.
• BS in Engineering required; MS degree preferred. Professional Engineer (PE) preferred.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is desirable.
• 5+ years related engineering experience.
• Understanding of P&ID’s and PFD’s; 3D and 2D routing and modeling; development of complete electrical power distribution construction drawing and specification packages.
• Proficiency in NEC, IEEE, and NESC standards.
• Experienced working with Power Delivery or Industrial or Oil&Gas.
• Experience using EasyPower, ETAP, PSS, SKM or other modeling software is required.
• Experience supervising the testing and commissioning of industrial and/or utility substations is preferred.
• Experience in pole replacement, selection etc preferred.
• Ability to understand client specifications, procurement, commissioning and start-up standards, documentation, practices, vendor data approvals, etc., strongly preferred.
• Familiar with P6 or Primavera.