713 999 8011
about 1 year ago
The Electrical Superintendent will be assigned to project sites across the U.S. This position will provide coordination, planning, and supervision to the Assistant Electrical Superintendents, Foremen, and craft personnel. Main responsibilities include but are not limited to coordinating projects within the electrical scope of the renewable energy project and overseeing electrical craft personnel.
• Project coordination within the electrical scope of the solar project
• Oversees the Safety Program and assures that all Safety Standards are being met and maintained.
• Ensure that the Field Staff are in compliance to pertinent government regulations and contract documents.
• Provide drawing, constructability, submittal reviews, and feedback with the pre-construction team, verifying quality of materials, equipment, and workmanship conforms to specifications and updates of each contract document
• Oversee the self-perform installation of all low and medium voltage systems incorporated on a solar project.
• Work with project team in development of project schedules, updates, and creation of a 3 week look-ahead
• Mange quality control of work teams, including self-performed work guaranteeing the necessary resources and support is available
• Participate in project meetings, providing liaison between Field Engineers and craft personnel ensuring electrical components of each project comply with drawings and specifications
• Aid in the development of Standard Work
• Lead project safety culture on project
Oversight of Electrical Craft Personnel:
• Review and monitor procurement of resources, methods, staffing, look-ahead schedules and coordination with other site activities
• Collaborate with engineering staff ensuring plans, specifications, submittals and RFIs are transmitted accurately and in a timely manner
• Coach, mentor and train field personnel, Foremen, and Assistant Superintendents
• Establish and nurture a teamwork environment
• Deliver work direction and performance evaluations
• Identify hiring needs and participate in hiring decisions, warrant discipline and dismissal as needed
• Develop leadership potential through appropriate task assignments and career growth opportunities
• Run site work and logistics efficiently, providing suggestions for improvement as they arise
• Minimum of 3 years of experience working on utility scale solar power plants
• 5-7 years of experience working in a supervisory role
• Proficiency in installation, testing, acceptance, maintenance, and repair of medium voltage cables
• Expertise in low and medium voltage installation methods and testing
• Possess working knowledge of site survey, site grading, road construction, layout, pile installation, tracker installation, module installation and electrical solar system
• Experience with Self Perform is required
• Must have a valid Driver’s License
• Up to 100% travel is required