$120,000 - $160,000
713 609 9066
about 2 months ago
The Electrical Systems Manager’s primary role will be to support all stages of OSW project development through the management of the engineering and respective activities associated with electrical and transmission work packages. The voltage of these systems will range from 35kV to 500kV and will consist of both HVAC and HVDC technologies. This role is critical to the strategic technical development and procurement strategies associated with the build out of offshore wind project, therefore the ideal candidate must be well rounded and knowledgeable in the areas identified here within.
- Lead electrical team through coordination and strategic development of technical packages associated with the full OSW transmission system including offshore / onshore substation, inter-array cable, full onshore and offshore export cable system, interconnection and all electrical coordination with ancillary technical packages such as generation and permitting.
- Advance technical deliverables and studies required for the design onshore and offshore electrical systems including evaluation of the technology readiness, definition of owner requirements, constructability reviews and envelope and procurement efforts.
- Support commercial and technical work with external vendors, including supporting the tendering and execution of RFI and RFP processes.
- Manage respective vendors and consultants to support the electrical design and studies of during pre-FEED, FEED and detailed design phases.
- Collaborate and support parallel work packages including contracting, survey, supply chain, scheduling and technical specification development.
- Oversee technical deliverables and strategies required for identifying points of interconnection and placing interconnection requests with the respective RTO/ISO.
- Coordinate risk assessment, schedule, project capital and operation expense estimates (CAPEX, OPEX, DEVEX).
- Develop and coordinate design development and procurement strategies to support the overall project design permitting.
- Support strategic commercial and partnership opportunities in the area of transmission development.
- Provide technical engineering support during development, design and construction activities.
- Participate in conferences and forums to discuss technical concepts and challenges in the area of the full electrical transmission system.
- Periodically travel between project offices as well as travel to and from respective project facilities.
- Perform other tasks and takes on additional duties as reasonably assigned by supervisor, project manager and/or group unit.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering discipline (electrical preferred)
- 10+ years of relevant experience is preferred with interconnection of large-scale energy projects
- PE licensure preferred
- Design and project execution experience in the following areas: power system studies/planning, utility interconnection, underground/overhead transmission systems (69kV and higher), subsea cable system, offshore and onshore AIS/GIS substation physical and single line development (69kV and higher), protection and control, reactive power compensation, SCADA systems, FACTS & HVDC.
- Project experience assessing and selecting competing electrical designs based on technical merit, while also being capable of providing or evaluating cost estimates for specific solutions.
- Familiarity working with RTO/ISOs, utilities, OEMs and EPCs. Direct experience with New York and New Jersey utilities and regulatory entities preferred.
- Working knowledge of interconnection tariffs, utility standards, FERC, NERC, ANSI/IEEE and regional reliability standards.
- Knowledge of offshore wind, including US offshore wind regulations and environmental and technical standards and best practices
- Experience in onshore and offshore transmission proposal and bid development.
- Ability to manage consultants and contractors to ensure successful and timely delivery of work packages
- Experience presenting before external project stakeholder on technical details, progress and risk.
- Demonstration of excellent communication skills both oral and written, including the ability to communicate complex technical topics to a non-technical audience.
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to manage own workload, meet schedules and coordinate a number of external and internal stakeholders, sometimes under tight timelines
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate across multiple levels within a company and externally to diverse audiences and stakeholders.
- Excellent technical writing skills, and ability to analyze and synthesize complex data and clearly communicate key information.
- Team player with ability to work collaboratively across complex project teams and interface between interdisciplinary departments.