$95,000.00 - $125,000.00
27 days ago
The Onshore Engineering Manager (OEM) is a senior role of the Engineering Team. The key responsibility of this role is managing engineering and interfaces of a highly visible, multi stakeholder, complex onshore electric transmission project to ensure all phases of development, approvals and execution are completed efficiently with a clear and defined scope.
The person will be accountable for engineering of the onshore electrical infrastructure encompassing the cable landfall, the onshore cable, the onshore substation, and the overall integration of the project control, Scada and protection systems required to connect the project to the electrical grid. This role has critical interfaces with the Grid Connection Manager, Offshore Substation Package Manager, Offshore Export and Array Cable Package Manager and Electrical Systems Design Manager. In addition this role will also include close coordination with the Procurement, Permitting and Outreach teams. The OEM will report to the Engineering Director, and coordinate day to day activities with the Onshore Project Manager who is accountable for overall delivery of the onshore scope.
- Responsible for producing the technical specification in conjunction with the Electrical System Design Manger to deliver the onshore transmission infrastructure
- Support Permitting Team with technical information and recommendations, including technical cost/benefit analysis of proposed routes.
- Prepare the technical scope and review technical offers received from vendors to execute the onshore substation and onshore transmission system
- Manages the vendors for the design of the onshore cable infrastructure and substation. Ensures work is completed in compliance with the job specifications for all other onshore scopes, including transmission line design.
- Manages the monthly maintenance and reporting of onshore project scope, budgets and schedules.
- Participates in the required onshore regulatory siting and permit filings
- Provides necessary input to execute the onshore stakeholder management activities.
- Support Grid Connection Manager as needed to provide technical details related to transmission queue studies and negotiation with ISO-NE and the local system operator.
- Plans the development of required energization plans and operating instructions in coordination with the Grid Connection Manager.
- Plans the scheduling of the long-term outage plan project submittals in coordination with the Grid Connection Manager.
- Provide engineering support to Onshore PM in managing EPC contracts to execute the onshore transmission once awarded.
- The role is expected to evolve once the EPC contracts are executed. The OEM will manage a sub-team of 3-5 discipline engineers and quality assurance personnel to support delivery of the scope.
- Provide constructive feedback to other members of the Project team.
- Ensures that all aspects of the onshore transmission project are documented and completed in accordance with company policies and all regulations and laws.
- Reporting to the Engineering Director
- Accountable for engineering of all onshore transmission scope.
- Responsible for the delivery of an integrated operational electrical system integrating the project electrical system from the wind turbines to the point of interconnection
Travel: Significant US domestic travel expected in the New England area (up to 20%).
- Strong personal leadership in HSSE and Quality
- Over 10 years of experience with proven track record of engineering management, project management and/or delivery of onshore electrical projects (substations and power lines) including design, construction, and commissioning.)
- Experience in wind projects is a plus.
- Local knowledge of New England is a essential.
- A recognized project management qualification/accreditation.
- B. Sc degree or higher in electrical engineering or civil engineering.
- Engineering Experience leading onshore electrical utility scopes greater than 50 million USD.