713 623 1196
about 1 month ago
Cost-effective management of the overall Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of the solar fleet of assets by maximizing availability, managing risk, and optimizing financial performance in compliance with environmental and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the highest level of health and safety practices on all solar facilities.
- Assure operations performance targets (i.e., availability, dispatch, power vs. resource performance, budgets, etc.) are achieved for all assigned solar facilities.
- Provide leadership necessary to develop a culture of operational excellence, innovation, and reduced cost.
- Interface with O&M contractors and equipment vendors to ensure operation and maintenance of the projects is in compliance with contracted requirements and performance targets.
- Prepare and manage the annual O&M budgets and recommend capital improvements/enhancements.
- Assure compliance with the facilities’ regulatory and environmental requirements, utilizing internal and external resources.
- Assist senior management in the development, analysis, planning and execution of various special projects and initiatives (e.g., new operational strategies, cost reduction initiatives, bringing new projects online, etc.)
- Provide regular reports to senior management.
- Quickly establish credibility while managing, coaching, and motivating site supervisors and contractors.
- Interface with landowners, local and state authorities, and the general public, where required.
- Identify and implement process improvements and incorporate asset management principles into company’s long-term operating plan.
- Develop a cost/benefit analysis for all plan capital and facility proposals for improved efficiencies.
- Support re-contracting efforts to maximize value.
- Support M&A acquisition or facility sale activities that meet strategic growth plan for the company.
- Interface and manage relations with Remote Operations Centers of the renewable facilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
THE PROFILE TO SUCCEED
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred. Applicable years of experience may substitute for degree.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in power plant operations, transmission, or substation electrical systems, with at least four (4) years in solar power generation.
- Four (4) years of direct supervisory/managerial and leadership experience; ability to delegate.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of operations and maintenance of electrical systems, applicable to solar power technology, to ensure cost effective operation and competitive position.
- Solid working knowledge of budgeting, work scheduling cost management tools and processes.
- Functional knowledge of NERC/Environmental compliance of assets; ability to lead project site teams as issues arise in the field.
- Project management experience as direct lead on project from start to finish.
- Self-starter with ability to make decisions and take necessary actions without specific direction.
- Analyze conditions and issues; take appropriate actions to achieve results when necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Keen multi-tasking capabilities and organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
- THE PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to accomplish physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to stand, walk, talk, hear, and close and distance vision capability.
- Ability to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, and/or crouch.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to travel up to 45%.
This opportunity has the possibility of remote working.