20 days ago
x 5 Owners Project Manager (Solar)
Work Location: Houston, TX
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager and Director of Construction the Project Manager coordinates, inspects and controls the work of engineering consultants, OEMs, and construction contractors contracted to perform work at our greenfield and brownfield facilities across the US. Projects will include multiple technical disciplines and will be focused in renewable platforms including Solar and Storage. Although solar is the preferred expertise sought in this posting, project management of other renewable technologies is possible. Travel will be required to effectively manage assigned projects.
- Core knowledge of construction techniques, construction/project management, and contract negotiation and administration;
- Adequate knowledge to be able to inspect in-progress construction work to ensure compliance with the contract documents, specifications, permits, and drawings;
- Strong time management skills with the ability to organize, plan, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Good oral, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface and coordinate work on a daily basis with other divisions and external organizations;
- Good negotiation skills with clients, contractors, and vendors;
- Strong project management and organizational skills. Ability to work independently and with minimal daily supervision;
- A practical, adaptable, innovative, collaborative, and solution-focused approach to issues.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience preferred;
- Minimum of three (5) years of engineering/project management experience;
- Experience/exposure in the hydropower, wind, solar, storage, and power generation field preferred;
- Field experience related to the hazards associated with the work;
- Experience in occupational health & safety and environmental regulations;
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office products