$140,000.00 - $240,000.00
713 609 9066
21 days ago
This staffer focus will be on biological, geological and hydrological science and studies that are at the center of the permitting enterprise. They will work with our staff and consultants to shape our interactions with key government agencies and key stakeholders including the fishing industry and marine science institutions. They will also assist in the preparation of responses, to Request for Proposals from purchasers of the output from our planned offshore wind farm(s). Specifically, this staffer would lead the effort to prepare a Construction and Operations Plan as well as acting as the lead for the permitting department in crafting a bid offering sale of project output. The ideal candidate will have relevant permitting and/or project development experience and will apply that experience to help obtain all needed permits.
- Assist in the scoping, preparation and execution of sophisticated scientific studies
- Review reports prepared by subject matter experts, preparation of documents summarizing reports
- Careful review of documents vital to the permitting process
- Oversee and manage contractors providing surveys, analyses and documents.
- Review and draft high quality permitting documents with quantitative, qualitative and graphic components.
- Other job-related duties as assigned by the Permitting Director
Direct reports: 1 to 2 direct reports
Travel: 30% domestic and international travel to meet and work with stakeholders
- Appropriate educational experience, at least Bachelor’s Degree. Advanced degree related to permitting, biological science or engineering a plus.
- Familiarity with the federal permitting regime centered on the Construction & Operation Plan (COP) for the project and/or experience with similar permitting schemes and ability to rapidly master the COP-centered offshore wind permitting system.
- 2 to 4 years of relevant experience. Work on complex offshore energy projects and/or large scale renewable energy projects.
Physical demands & working conditions:
- Sitting/Standing/Flexibility: Ability to stand and sit for 8 or more hours when in an office environment
- Speech/Reading: Ability to speak, read, and write English proficiently and deliver a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- Lifting: Ability to lift items weighing up to 10 pounds
- Vision/Hearing: Ability to understand a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- Safety: Ability to understand and communicate safety precautions when necessary