$150,000 - $170,000
832 476 8983
about 1 year ago
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to play a key role managing our Project Development in the U.S. The Project Manager/Associate will be responsible for overseeing development of key markets and Matrix’s portfolio of projects in the U.S., reporting to the headquarters on the East Coast. The Candidate should use their experience and intelligence to identify risks and opportunities, to assess the quality of work done by the company's developers. During the development phase, the candidate will collaborate with in-house and external teams to ensure that projects obtain all the permits, authorizations, and licenses necessary to reach Ready to Build (“RTB”) status, on time. Part of the role will also be to manage timing between project RTB and PPAs.
Key activities and responsibilities:
• Lead development of projects including interfacing with local authorities, landowners & local communities, developers, offtakers, and transmission authorities.
• Deep experience working with all stakeholders involved in a project
• Proven track record and aptitude for analytic, financial and research work including facility with financial models and all aspects of development due diligence around a project
• Ensure that Matrix is tracking development status of projects in its pipeline, liaising with developers to help to deliver projects to RTB on time.
• Project scheduling management through activities definition, sequencing, resources, and duration estimation
• Management of relationships with landlords and tenants and knowledge of real estate management and practices in various parts of the U.S.
• Management of community and public relations in respect of the Project
• Smooth handover of development activities to Matrix operations department
• Help to implement ESG Company policy at local level in compliance with modern standards,
regulations, and best industry practice. Flag to HQ any ESG issues as soon as possible, gather information related to them and where instructed interact with stakeholders if appropriate
• Ensure the highest compliance about anti-corruption practices along the relationship with all the stakeholders
General Skills / Attributes:
• BA or BS in a relevant field and an MBA or MA in a relevant field project management, asset management, transmission planning and management, contract administration, deal execution, project finance and other commercial roles
• Experience developing projects in MISO is preferred
• Full understanding of the development, construction, and operational processes for solar projects in various regions of the U.S.
• Comfortable attending lobbying events both at the national level and local, in both political and civil service spheres
• Good industry contacts with large generators, developers, transmission providers and offtakers
• Strong decision-making skills in light of uncertainty
• An ability to perform at a high level in an organization, working in interdepartmental
teams to achieve objectives and manage multiple projects and development relationships simultaneously with minimal supervision
• Strong entrepreneurial, organizational, analytical and people skills
• Solid communication skills: capability to establish technical discussions in different cultural