$140,000.00 - $240,000.00
713 609 9066
21 days ago
The Project Director drives the project toward Final Investment Decision and then forward through the construction phase into operation, in a cost effective, safe and timely manner in order to optimize pre-defined targets and the partners agreed business plan. The role leads in all areas of commercial, financial and technical delivery. The Project Director is responsible day to day management for the overall coordination and organizational management, including HR, legal, IT and related services, external relations, as well as proposing to the board of directors the business plan, strategy and commercial approach of the company in accordance with legislation, ethical practices, and internal policies as agreed between the partners project company. The Project Director is responsible for establishing policies and procedures for the venture, and for all communications with the Board, including scheduling and managing Board meetings. As an officer the Project Director provides clear recommendations to the board of directors as required.
- Operational responsibility for the management of the large diverse project team with direct senior reports in development, commercial, legal, QHSE, O&M and Construction. Typically, the project team will number no less than 50 individuals to reach Final Investment Decision (FID).
- Reporting to, and preparing information for the Board of Directors for all aspects of Offshore Development including strategy, project progress, budget management, project timelines, resources etc. Successfully managing projects through partners internal approval processes.
- Lead the continuous improvement of project management, lowering levelized energy costs and other commercial and development processes to help ensure the organization and projects continue to reflect and keep pace with changes in the marketplace and maintain a competitive edge.
- Establish and manage internal and external (contracted) project teams and individual criteria/objectives to measure results against agreed performance standards.
- Accountable for ensuring that the project is in accordance with legislation, ethics, standards and good practices across the offshore wind farms industry, tender requirements, regulatory aspects
- Represent the project interests among the stakeholders and business decision forums including all levels of local and National Government.
- Manage all the project team senior staff as defined in the agreed project organization chart. Supervise and assess performance as well as reporting performance to project shareholders.
- Under the Direction of the BoD, define, recommend, implement and follow up the project key performance indicators necessary to deliver the Business Plan.
- Negotiate effectively with business partners, consultees, contractors and Government officials in order to achieve project milestones consistent with defined timetables and strict financial objectives.
- Help promote a safety conscious, high energy, motivated organization and a culture of entrepreneurship, creativity, integrity and professional team development.
- Take responsibility for the production of relevant project reporting to enable the Project Sponsors to disseminate and manage project approval and reporting information to their respective companies as well as the Executive Board of Directors.
Direct reports: 6-10 direct reports, 25-50 indirect reports.
Travel: Up to 50%, domestically by plane and by car and with short notice. Sporadic international travel is also anticipated.
- Engineering Degree, Economics, MBA preferred.
- At least Ideally a minimum of 15 years’ experience in the energy/utilities/renewables sector.
- Proven track record in successful project management.
- A full appreciation of the primary inputs which drive the financial and commercial viability of offshore wind projects.
- Strong understanding of US offshore wind industry, with strong relationships across spectrum of stakeholders (government, regulatory, supply chain, academic, scientific, environmental, commercial fishing, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of the project development process and Health and Safety culture and regulations.
- Working knowledge of procurement and contracting, legal documentation engineering packages, grid integration, marine logistics and relevant environmental and regulatory matters.
- An appreciation of what drives the requirements for project execution and operation.
- Experience in external stakeholder management, public and regulatory affairs and lobbying. Experienced team and public communicator.
- Strategic and forward thinking.
- Strong commitment and proven leadership skills
- Strong sense of values and ethics, as well as confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information.
- Outstanding communication, diplomatic, networking, influencing and conflict solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work cooperatively with regulatory agencies, senior government officials, key external stakeholders, senior management from external organizations including supply chain and other developers.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with management
- Demonstrated ability to lead personnel from diverse groups working toward a common objective or project.
- Very strong collaboration, communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills with a customer-oriented focus
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and successfully complete them within specified time frames.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and make rational decisions, even when under pressure.
- Ability to take initiative and highly result oriented.
Physical demands & working conditions:
- Sitting/Standing/Flexibility: Ability to stand and sit for 8 or more hours when in an office environment
- Speech/Reading: Ability to speak, read, and write English proficiently and deliver a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- Lifting: Ability to lift items weighing up to 10 pounds
- Vision/Hearing: Ability to understand a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- Safety: Ability to understand and communicate safety precautions when necessary