$110,000 - $130,000
713 623 1649
4 months ago
The project manager will manage, direct and coordinate all aspects of project life cycle of multiple and simultaneous utility transmission and distribution projects. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, self-driven team player responsible for the coordination of all project requirements included but not limited to: scope, budget cost, schedule, procurement, client relations, construction management, and contract administration. The project manager will have experience in establishing and maintaining a professional relationship with the client, subcontractors, and any other project stakeholders.
Primary Responsibilities of the project manager include:
- Accountable for project execution and successful completion
- Act as the primary contact with the client in delivery of project
- Participate in transitional meetings with estimating and business development as necessary
- Completely understand scope, plans and specifications to gain understanding of project
- Develop and maintain detailed work breakdown structure integrated and consistent with project schedule
- Coordinate and interface will all project team members while promoting and maintaining open communication
- Collaborate with engineering and other supporting departments to define and manage deliverables
- Organize all project documents and drawings using designated software
- Accurately forecast project costs, expenses and utilization of resources
- Manage and direct subcontractors and manage material procurement
- Manage and generate day-to-day administrative items such as change directives, RFIs, submittals, contracts, change order requests, prime contract change orders, subcontractor change orders, etc.
- Lead periodic project meetings both internally and with the customer, and assume responsibility to ensure all deliverables are achieved
- Implement lessons learned and strive for continuous improvement and embrace technology enhancements
- Perform project close out and cost reconciliation
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong knowledge of electric utility system equipment, engineering, construction, pricing and operation
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management methodologies and tools is a must: Work breakdown structure, cost reporting, scheduling (Primavera software), change order management, change management, document control, union relations
- Self-motivated, proactive and a quick learner that is able to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- High level of integrity with demonstrated critical thinking, attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organization, planning, and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Proficiency in computer programs including Microsoft Office products is required
The candidate should show strong technical skills, business management acumen and possess leadership, organizational and time management skills, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
This position will require the ability to work from both the office and on the individual job sites.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management (preferred); Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business or the equivalent degree will be considered. Master’s Degree is preferred
- A Minimum of 5 years of electric utility related experience
- Project management experience of substation or line projects is required
- Experience in understanding blueprints, electrical diagrams, specifications, proposals and contractual documentation to prepare estimates for projects and services