Senior Cloud Architect
713 609 9066
about 2 months ago
· Best-practice Cloud Architecture Solution Design including storage, insights, and analytics
· Agile software development
· Interface with cloud solution providers and manage technical contracts to link into our current systems .
· Source code management and version control for all systems developed
· Algorithm development and implementation for data solutions
· Relational and non-relational database architecture design and query optimization,
· Timeseries data analysis,
· Interactive data visualization
· Owning company database development documentation and best practices
· Developing database solutions for engineering, O&M and commercial teams utilizing MS products (Access, Excel, SharePoint, Power BI, etc.)
· Interface with Engineering and O&M teams working on Digital Twin Solutions for Assets (Condition Monitoring, Structural Health Monitoring, Preventative maintenance.)
Skills & Competencies
· 7+ years’ experience working in an Agile software development environment, cloud architecture, or database solutions roles
· Familiarity with scalable cloud architecture services (AWS, Google, Microsoft, etc). Microsoft Azure experience strongly preferred.
· Adept at software version control using Git,
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Access, and SharePoint (meta data)
· Ability to produce clear and well written Engineering Reports and User Manuals in English.
· Ability to work efficiently in a team environment with other staff members and the discipline lead.
· Ability to learn in fast-paced environment and deliver high-quality results to co-workers and internal partners.
· Prior experience with cloud computing, machine learning, performance engineering (e.g. leveraging SCADA systems to quantify and optimize power generation), wind energy, offshore oil & gas, or maritime industry is considered as an advantage.
· Minimal travel, which may include visits to Principal Power office locations in the US, Portugal, and France
· The candidate should have or be eligible to obtain the ability to work in the Portugal or France.