$120,000 - $130,000
713 609 9344
about 1 month ago
The Senior Engineer II- Technical Analysis is responsible for performing expert level design and analysis work as directed to support various field and fabrication offices. The Senior Engineer II Technical Analysis will be part of a project team from inception through construction completion.
• Actively supports the Company’s commitment to safety and its “Core Values.”
• Represents the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company’s “Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.”
• Applies broad knowledge of principles and practices in a specific practice area.
• Independently evaluates, selects and adapts standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
• Acquires general knowledge of principles, and practices of related fields, and ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
• Works on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of major projects.
• Designs a complete project, system, component, or process.
• Prepares complete project documents.
• Designs and conducts experiments and analysis and interprets data.
• Formulates and solves problems.
• Coordinates tasks with engineers, designers and administrative staff.
• Plans and coordinates detailed aspects of engineering work.
• Strong experience with classical structural and finite element analysis including static, non-linear, modal, and vibration analysis
• Strong technical background with analysis experience of fatigue, vibration, thermal loads in steel and/or concrete structures. Experience in seismic analysis and blast loads is preferred.
• Experience in understanding and evaluating structural failure mechanisms in metals and/or concrete and instability of structural elements. Knowledge of and Design experience catering for fracture mechanics is preferred.
• Experience with writing analysis reports and presenting data to multi-discipline teams as well as clients
• Awareness for cost reduction and efficiency
• Prepares scopes, budgets, and schedules for assignments.
• Assists with proposals to provide professional services or obtain funding for engineering projects or programs.
• Receives general direction on key objectives.
• Receives guidance when necessary on unconventional or complex problems, direction on modified techniques, and new approaches on assignments with conflicting criteria.
• Interacts with PM, client, customers, officials, contractors and others.
• Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignments
• Performs other related duties, as directed.
• BS in Engineering required; MS degree preferred. Professional Engineer (PE) preferred.
• 14+ years related engineering experience with at least 5+ years as stress analyst
• Ability to understand client specifications, procurement, commissioning and start-up standards, documentation, practices, vendor data approvals, etc., strongly preferred.
• Experience using standard computer programs for design such as CAESAR, STAAD, MathCAD, AutoCAD, COMPRESS, etc., is preferred.
• Experience with commercial finite element software analysis tools (e.g. ANSYS, SolidWorks, Abaqus, etc.)
• Experience in API-620, API-625, ACI 318, ACI 376, NFPA 59A, API-650 and API-653 is recommended.
• Cooperates with other team members; interacts with individuals at all organizational levels in professional manner.
• Demonstrates strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously under time sensitive deadlines.
• Exhibits excellent listening, oral and written skills; ability to prepare and make project related presentations to clients is desirable.
• Occasional overtime and travel may be required.
EEO/M/F/Disability/Vets/Affirmative Action Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristic or category.