United States of America
$90,000 - $125,000 (DOE)
3 months ago
The Senior Project Manager is a critical leadership role responsible for providing direction to the project team to complete the project on time while maintaining a high-level quality, safety, and customer loyalty. This individual will be ultimately responsible for day-to-day execution, project controls, project engineering, cost, risk, and business management of a project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Able to interpret Customer requirements and the RFP documents to generate a schedule for a project with the appropriate level of detail.
• Able to identify the critical contract dates and use this data to generate a workable construction plan with a single timeline of important dates, events, and deliverables.
• Able to develop and generate a cost estimate with sufficient detail to price the work properly and competitively.
• Interpret Customer requirements and RFQ/RFP documents to a level of understanding sufficient to identify the necessary resources to properly manage and execute a project.
• Able to develop a project Risk Response Strategy and generate a Risk Matrix with contingency, clarifications, exceptions, and risk transfer items tied to each risk identified during the Risk Assessment process.
• Use the Risk Matrix during project execution phase to protect project budget and schedule, communicate contingency usage to senior management, and communicate ongoing changes to the project risk profile.
• Able to develop and generate a job-specific Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) that properly organizes and aligns job activities to the scope of work.
• Document the mapping of the WBS to project charge codes created to establish the project budget and use this information to track incurred costs by WBS.
• Able to collect information using the project control tools (Risk Matrix, KPI graphs, schedules, Change Order Log) and compile the data to show progress status on a daily or weekly basis. Compile the weekly progress status data and produce the Monthly Project Status Report (MPSR).
• Communicate a project’s status in a timely, consistent, and repeatable manner using the Risk Matrix, KPI graphs, and the monthly job summary report.
• Understand the task-specific hazards that occur during execution of a project.
• Establish clear roles and responsibilities for project participants to ensure that safety is integrated into all phases of a project.
• Ensure project participants possess the knowledge, skills, background, and experience to meet their safety responsibilities.
• Communicate how site safety controls and systems are appropriate to prevent and mitigate hazards.
• Able to identify and effectively manage both operational and financial project risks by generating Key Performance Indicator (KPI) curves-sets to control a project.
• Use the KPI graphs to anticipate issues, identify & analyze variances from the plan, and develop recovery plan options to mitigate the project plan variances before they create significant budget and/or schedule problems.
• Monitor recovery plan progress and communicate the effectiveness of the recovery plan to senior management.
• Also, able to identify and document change events that occur through the lifecycle of a project. Proactively engage the Customer to improve both project margin and customer satisfaction. Generate, update, and maintain the necessary project change order documentation including field-generated Change Notices and Change Order Requests including follow-up with the Customer to obtain concurrence and an Approved Change Order.
• Able to analyze physical progress and financial data to generate timely and accurate forecasts that support consistent proactive reporting of project performance status, including completion dates and financial results.
• Produce accurate and timely Estimate at Completion (EAC) forecast updates of the project schedule completion dates& costs using the actual achieved field productivity rates documented using the KPI curve-sets.
Recovery Planning & Productivity Management:
• Able to proactively identify and resolve variances to the work plan to maintain and/or improve planned productivity.
• Engage the project team to analyze the variances, discuss root causes, and formulate a recovery plan to mitigate cost and/or schedule impacts.
• Monitor recovery plan progress for effectiveness and communicate the performance recovery status to senior management.
• Ensure this cycle is repeated as required to achieve successful recovery.
Business Sense & Contract Management:
• Able to develop a scope of work statement that sufficiently defines and details a project work plan.
• Interpret Customer requirements and RFQ/RFP documents to generate the work plan in sufficient detail to build the project deliverables.
• Perform a pre-bid risk assessment with the bid team to determine the appropriate control level required to execute the project.
Use the Risk Assessment Worksheet to develop proper risk response strategy that identifies assumptions, clarifications, exceptions, and risk transference items along with the proper proposal language to successfully implement risk response strategy into the bid proposal.
Managing Others & Leadership Skills:
• Understand the goals, objectives, and values of the organization and connect them to day-to-day efforts, including problem-solving and decision-making.
• Assume value in what other people say and do by using a positive we-centered approach to work.
• Use communication as the primary tool to lead and manage the project team, including staff, subcontractors, the customer, supervisors, and managers.
• Able to utilize daily the leadership tools of: Clarifying and Confirming; Constructive Criticism; Managing Differences; Crediting; and Discussion Skills to improve and maintain the inter-personal relationships necessary to motivate performance of personnel assigned to a project.
Supervising & Coaching other Project Managers:
• Able to successfully motivate, influence, and manage multiple Project Managers by adapting coaching style to different personality types resulting in the improved performance of others.
• Able to translate the strategic goals and objectives of multiple projects into a tactical implementation plan with specific milestones and deliverables that are used by the Project Mangers to successfully execute projects.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• 5+ years solar project management experience including projects of at least 100 kW+
• 10+ years of Photovoltaic (PV) Solar Construction experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Management, or related field / or work equivalent.
• Knowledge of Jonas Premier or similar Project Management tool.
• Proficient Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
• Strong planning and problem-solving skills
• Ability to analyze information and processes.
• Motivation to develop and maintain internal and external relationships.
• Commitment to ethical behavior with a willingness to adhere to all company policies and current financial legislation.
• Solid time management and organizational skills
• Must be able to multi-task, have a positive attitude, and a great work ethic.
• Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks.
• Have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the time necessary to get the job.
• done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
• Must have the ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
• Must have strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to interact and work with others.
• Must be able to work under time constraints.