United States of America
$130,000 - $155,000
713 589 5256
about 2 months ago
Are you a Senior Protection & Controls Engineer with a passion for high voltage transmission systems? Are you ready to propel your career to new heights? Look no further. We don't just offer a job; we offer a pathway to your professional zenith. We are seeking a dynamic, experienced Senior Protection & Controls Engineer to join our innovative team. Here’s your chance to be part of something extraordinary, something that shapes communities, and something that empowers your growth.
About the Company and People
We are more than just an award-winning consulting firm. We are architects of change, pioneers of progress, and creators of community resilience. We have embarked on a journey to improve lives, one project at a time. As an employee-owned company, we value professional independence, integrity, and commitment. When you join us, you become a member of a vibrant, innovative community that fosters your growth and celebrates your achievements.
What Your Role Is
As a Senior Protection & Controls Engineer, you will be at the forefront of designing high voltage transmission system protection schemes and relay programming for utility and generation clients.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Lead Design Efforts: You will lead design efforts, demonstrating your expertise in protective relay coordination and settings calculations for HV and EHV transmission systems.
• Technical Mastery: Your role involves designing high voltage one-line diagrams, communication network diagrams, and three-line diagrams. Proficiency in computer modeling/analysis of electrical systems, equipment specification writing, and application of codes and standards is crucial.
• Collaborative Leadership: You will coordinate technical efforts within discipline areas, managing design budgets and schedules. Your expertise will shine as you direct and review the work of junior engineers, designers, and technicians on major projects.
• Innovative Problem Solving: Your skills in electrical system analysis software such as ASPEN, ETAP, SKM, PSS/E, and PSLF will be key in solving complex challenges in power generation and delivery.
What Skills You Will Need
To excel in this role, you must possess:
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) from an accredited college or university.
• Professional Engineer (PE) license
• 10+ years of relevant experience with electric utility substations up to 345Kv.
• Proficiency in protective relay coordination and settings calculations for HV and EHV transmission systems.
• Experience with Schweitzer and General Electric relay and communication equipment is a plus.
• Familiarity with FERC and NERC requirements related to electric utility substation reliability.
• AutoCAD Electrical experience preferred.
• Familiarity with electrical system analysis software (ASPEN, ETAP, SKM, PSS/E, PSLF)
• Experience with SCADA, IP Networking, Remote Terminal Units (RTU), and substation integration/automation is a plus.
Why Join Us?
• Innovative Growth: We are committed to innovative growth and making a difference in the communities we serve.
• Career Advancement: Chart your own career path and play a vital role in shaping our mutual future.
• Global Impact: Be part of a company that has completed projects in more than 100 countries, including all 50 states of the United States.
• Employee-Owned: Join an employee-owned company that values shared responsibility and reward.
Are You Ready to Make an Impact?
If you are ready to make a significant impact on the world, we invite you to join our team. Be part of a team that believes in your capabilities, values your initiative, and rewards your creativity. Your journey to professional excellence starts here. Apply now and let's shape a brighter future together.