Senior Wind Technician / Site Manager will support our wind facility asset management services. You will be responsible for general site maintenance and administration at five sites
We will expect you to visit the sites frequently to ensure consistent and improved performance. During your site visits, you will
● Perform routine inspections on all project systems and equipment.
● Record significant parameters and analyze findings from these routine inspections.
● Arrange for inspections and repairs if necessary and review third-party inspections.
● Track production and ensure that the meter readings are correct.
● Make recommendations to improve the sites’ operations based on your observations of the sites and previous experience.
In addition, you will be expected to oversee our maintenance contractor to ensure they are delivering on their scope of work. You will review maintenance and repair reports, work with them to improve availability, check invoices, and ensure that they implement appropriate safety protocols.
In parallel, you will engage directly with the rest of the team to communicate progress and status as well as issues and resolutions:
● Proactively update the Asset Management team on key issues, approaches to addressing, and progress toward resolution.
● Share proven practices with peers at other facilities.
● Contribute to special projects upon request.
Asset Management Team Background
Excellence in asset management enables us to deliver on our commitments to our customers, partners, and investors. This service-oriented team combines on-the-ground expertise with analytical insights to inform data-driven decisions about all aspects of operating renewable energy facilities.
Asset management spans a wide range of activities that are all directed toward the same goal: maximizing the profitability of our operating renewable energy generation plants. Key functions within the team include the following:
- On the ground, our Plant Operations team oversees day-to-day operations of the wind plants, ensuring smooth operation, monitoring compliance, and coordinating with maintenance contractors.
- Our Remote Operations Center team connects the Plant Operations team with grid operators and our team in the office.
- Our Asset Manager and Analysts analyze the plants’ operational and financial characteristics to inform data-driven decision making about maintenance decisions, pricing strategy, and risk management.
As a member of the Plant Operations team, you will interface frequently with your immediate team members, asset managers, and analysts.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who has experience with wind turbine and/or balance of plant (BOP) management. You know how to perform maintenance duties and report on them.
Your background might look something like this:
● Comparable work experience required. Associates Degree or Certification in a relevant field would be a plus.
● 3+ years of experience in operations and maintenance of a wind energy facility.
● Preferred: 2+ years of experience working with GE 1.5 MW and NEG-Micon 72 turbines.
● Preferred: 3+ years of experience supervising contractors.
● Demonstrated proficiency in Excel and the rest of the Microsoft Office suite.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Preferred: Proficiency with compliance, substation, and high voltage equipment.
● Comfortable working at heights and the ability to perform essential physical functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation; this includes climbing 210' wind turbines, and meeting the weight requirement of safety gear, 310 lbs. or less.
● Able to work independently with minimal oversight.
● Authorized to work in the United States.
Characteristics of Successful Team Members
● Integrity. Ethical professional who does the right thing even when it is difficult.
● Initiative. Resourceful self-motivator with exceptional leadership and organizational skills.
● Intelligence. Perpetual learner with the ability to solve problems and make informed decisions quickly.
● Work Ethic. Productive team member who desires to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment to meet deadlines and get things done.
● Team Focus. Purpose-driven colleague with strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to working across organizational boundaries to deliver on shared team goals.