100,000.00 - 160,000.00
713 609 9066
about 2 months ago
Site Manager for a Portfolio of Renewable Energy Assets in the US, Texas
Reporting directly to the Portfolio Asset Manager, you will take on the role as Site Manager. This includes the coordination of HSE, contractor management and asset performance reporting. With a focus on technical performance, you will be in an organisation representing the Project Owner(s) portfolio of renewable energy assets. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Coordination of all operations at site focusing on driving HSE best practice while maximising profitability and performance.
- Develop and maintain the preventative maintenance programme to minimise unscheduled outages and ensure the reliability of the facility.
- Management of HV facilities including the required monitoring and control activities (switching, alarm monitoring, investigations).
- Contractor management on schedule, technical and performance topics, including following up of technical investigations, defects resolution and lead on the continuous improvement of the performance of the wind farm.
- Ensure timely and accurate stakeholder reporting on production, availability, technical issues, HSE as well as report any technical matter to senior management and support the resolution of any issue as appropriate.
- Collaborating with asset management organization to develop and implement new solutions and identify improvement initiatives.
- Implementation and continuous improvement of overall site procedures, policies, training programs, safety programs and work practices, ensuring compliance and adherence at site by all personnel.
- Foster and promote safety and performance culture. Managing and ensuring safety standards are always upheld in the highest regard.
- Engagement and stakeholder management with local stakeholders (landowners, local government, etc) in order to maintain strong working relationships.
You are proactive, adaptive and a ‘can-do’ person combined with a structured and result-driven approach to problem-solving with a technical or operational engineering background. We are looking for a strong, technical professional to take on the role as Site Manager. Ideally, a successful candidate would have the following attributes:
- Site or project leadership role & supervision in the power generation industry, renewable energy, or similar relevant industry and experience managing third-party service providers
- Qualification with a technical background or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of NERC, ISO, OSHA and EGP standards
- 5+ years’ experience from a similar role and it is expected that you have field experience with onshore wind projects (or similar operations renewable operational infrastructure assets) and you thrive on being at the project site, taking the lead on daily operational tasks
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of MS Office
- Knowledge of site equipment including WTGs, High Voltage/Substation, SCADA functions, applicable PPE, etc.
- Flexible, dynamic, and agile work style allowing fast learning and the ability to synthesize complex problems quickly