$90,000 - $110,000
713 609 9687
about 1 month ago
RO are working with a large-scale power delivery EPC undergoing massive growth, looking for an experienced Substation Engineer to interact with other electric utility disciplines, playing a valuable part in leading and designing high voltage utility substation projects..
- Demonstrate leadership experience in executing substation projects
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with the internal team and clients to meet project needs.
- Lead bids and proposal effort for utility clients
- Perform quality control checks on substation design projects.
- Expected to read and design substation protection and control drawings such as one line drawings, three line drawings, AC/DC schematic drawings and wiring design
- Expected to read and design substation physical drawings such as one line drawings, three line drawings, plan-section drawings, foundation, grounding drawings.
- Create and check bill of materials for substation physical
- Act as a key contributor to the develop substation physical application documents to define design scope, philosophies, methodologies, and criteria for medium and high-voltage substation projects.
- Attend site visit at customer location
Our Ideal Candidate
- 5+ years of Substation physical and/or protection control design experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, civil or related degree
- Experience with grounding studies/lightning protection and lighting studies.
- P.E license
- Master’s degree in related field
- Working knowledge of protection and control design
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication abilities
Salary is dependent on experience.