United States of America
$28 - $37 / hour
713 609 9066
18 days ago
As a Wind Technician you will be responsible for operating and maintaining the Upstream Wind.
- Perform routine mechanical and electrical maintenance wind turbine and associated equipment
- Climb wind turbine towers daily, wearing all required safety equipment, to inspect, maintain, or repair equipment.
- Understand electrical and mechanical functions of all components of a wind turbine generator and associated equipment
- Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical faults; repair and/or replace components
- Maintain company tooling, facilities and equipment and a clean safe work environment
- Work a 40 hour work week and be subject to scheduled and unscheduled overtime. The work schedule will vary during the peak maintenance periods
- One (1) year technical experience (mechanical, electrical, etc.) and/or technical education.
- Must be able to work outdoors in inclement weather, climb ladders without assistance, and work at heights greater than 80 meters (250 feet).
- Ability to move and manipulate up to 45 kg (100 pounds).
- Weight must not exceed 124 kg (265 lbs.) excluding equipment/gear worn when performing job related tasks.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Individuals receiving conditional offers of employment will be subject to drug testing and must receive a negative result to begin working for the company.
Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), profit sharing, bonus, paid time off, etc.