$100,000 - $125,000
about 1 month ago
This individual will work under the direction of engineers, developing system designs, and creating construction documents for Power Delivery Transmission Line & Distribution Line projects using PLS CADD, PLS Pole, AutoCAD, and Excel.
may include but are not limited to the following:
- With minimal supervision, develop transmission line plan & profiles, bills-of-material, staking tables, sagging tables
- Create drawings for conductor assemblies, engineered structure requirement drawings and structure framing material drawings
- Use PLS CADD to develop plan & profile drawings
- Familiar with PLS Pole loading
- Exposure to AutoCAD for Distribution Line design is a plus
- Plan, detail, and schedule work and final delivery of drawings
- Outline, set up, organize, and maintain project drawings according to applicable standards
- Perform site visits to create sketches, red lines, and gather information for as-builts
- Perform design coordination, drawings reviews, and create mark-ups
- Bachelor’s degree in CAD Drafting or Engineering is preferred or a Certificate in Drafting & Design
- 3+ years drafting and design experience in the power delivery industry or related field dealing with overhead and underground transmission and distribution is preferred
- Candidates should have a solid understanding of drafting techniques, computer-aided engineering/ computer-aided drafting (CAE/CAD) software functions and electrical engineering terminology.
- The ability to communicate well, develop innovative solutions and be knowledgeable about substations, transmission and distribution lines is a benefit. Knowledge of Microstation and PLS-CADD is highly desirable.
- Candidates should have the ability to complete basic mathematical calculations.