United States of America
$180,000 - $200,000
281 712 6522
7 months ago
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to play a key role leading our origination activities in the U.S. The VP will be responsible for leading customer identification and outreach, reporting to headquarters. VP will also be responsible for leading negotiation and securing offtake for US renewable energy projects. The Candidate should use their experience and intelligence to identify offtake and market related opportunities and risks for our projects, and negotiate and close such deals. The Candidate should be highly mature, polished and professional because the person will be the primary contact with our customers and represent our best interests. The Candidate should have a strong network of key procurement related connections at corporate, industrial, retail electric providers, power marketers, utilities, municipalities and cooperatives customers, advisers and other US market participants. The candidate must be familiar with all aspects of US electricity markets, including participants, design, contract structures and settlements. The candidate will collaborate with in-house and external teams to ensure that risks and opportunities relating to project revenue, contracted and uncontracted, are well integrated into decision making.
Key activities and responsibilities:
• Develop and implement a contracted revenue strategy, including Power Purchase Agreements, Virtual Power Purchase Agreements, Build Transfer Agreements and Development Transfer Agreements, for all projects and technologies under development in conjunction with key internal stakeholders, including finance, EPC and acquisitions.
• Develop new origination prospects and opportunities.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with existing and prospective customers and market participants.
• Originate, submit proposals for, negotiate and close contracted revenue opportunities working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
• Managing revenue contracts through development up to NTP and as well as in connection with debt / tax equity financing.
• Identify and manage relevant third-party advisers and consultants.
• Maintain internal databases with latest status on outreach efforts.
• Ensure the smooth handover of offtake activities to operations department.
• Help to implement ESG Company policy at local level in compliance with modern standards, regulations, and best industry practice. Flag any ESG issues as soon as possible, gather information related to them and where instructed interact with stakeholders if appropriate.
• Ensure the highest compliance about anticorruption practices with all the stakeholders.
General Skills / Attributes:
• BA or BS in a relevant field and an MBA or MA in a relevant field.
• 10+ years of origination, trading, power marketing, power procurement, project development, project management, contract administration, deal execution, project finance and other commercial roles.
• Experience securing offtake in ERCOT is preferred.
• Polished, personable and professional, confident in the role of primary contact with customers.
• Strong sales, networking, negotiation and time management skills.
• Full understanding of all aspects of ERCOT, MISO, SPP, PJM, CAISO, WECC and other US electricity markets, including participants, design, contract structures and settlements.
• Strong network of key procurement related connections at corporate, industrial, retail electric providers, power marketers, utilities, municipalities and cooperatives customers, advisers and other US market participants.
• Strong decision-making skills in light of uncertainty.
• An ability to perform at a high level in an organization, working in interdepartmental teams to achieve objectives and manage multiple projects and development relationships simultaneously with minimal supervision.
• Strong entrepreneurial, organizational, analytical and people skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• Native English
• Ability to travel to our Miami headquarters and throughout the U.S. to meet stakeholders around Matrix projects.