Senior Electrical Estimator
This Electrifying Senior Estimator position with one of the United States largest electrical contractor's is responsible for preparing and completing bid/submittal documents and cost estimates for Solar construction projects. The Senior Estimator is the Lead Estimator for projects and will work with other Estimators, suppliers and customers to complete the estimate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare estimate from quantity take-off on project and complete estimate to computer printout.
- Identify parts of project that may be key to making a competitive estimate.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, and attend pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Evaluate possible areas for potential value engineering cost savings.
- Provide leadership to personnel preparing discipline sub estimates for assigned bids.
- Ensure all working documents and data are maintained to back-up estimate figures.
- Develop labor productivity and (installation unit costs where applicable) based on projected site conditions and historical data.
- Prepare detailed listing of material and equipment items for the estimate and to obtain quotes.
- Identify qualified suppliers/subcontractors and be responsible to solicit quotes. Review quotes for completeness and conformance with plans and specs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or a related field
- Minimum 8 years’ estimating, or other relevant experience in Solar constructions estimates
- Experience in Accubid Enterprise, Livecount and Bluebeam preferred
- Experience in CAD or 3D software preferred
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and/or engineering design drawings
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations required for estimating
- Ability to estimate all types of projects and to coordinate and supervise group work effort essential
- Ability to identify and meet customers’ needs expectations and requirements
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude